The best wetsuit should protect you from cuts, scrapes, stings and the sun, and keep you warm underwater. A high-quality scuba diving suit is an investment that will last you for years to come, and provide you with optimal performance in terms of comfort and safety.
Buying a wetsuit also means that you no longer have to settle for what can be evil-smelling rental diving gear. Wading through the myriad options however in a quest to find the right gear can be overwhelming, but we’ve scoured this space and bring you the lowdown on 5 best wetsuits for diving that won’t disappoint you on your underwater adventures.
Wetsuits for Diving Reviews
1. NATYFLY Neoprene Wetsuits for Kids
This range of NATYFLY Neoprene Wetsuits for kids is made from 2mm thick yet soft neoprene fabric to keep your child comfortable and warm in the water. Additionally, they feature flatlock stitching all through the wetsuits, which not only ensures top notch comfort and durability, but also greatly reduces seam irritation.
Available in a choice of 5 different colors including green and pink and sizes ranging from extra small to extra-large, the NATYFLY kids wetsuit features a back entry design complete with a robust YKK zipper for easy entry and exit. With regards to sun protection, these wetsuits take home the gold with a UPF 50+ rating, meaning that they only permit 1/50th of the sun's UV radiation to pass through them.
The NATYFLY range of kids wetsuits feature high quality craftsmanship, and are designed to offer free arm and body movement. However, they may emit a strong rubbery smell out of the box, which tends to go away after a few washes.
They feature a long leash to open and close the zipper, but would be nice to have Velcro to secure the zipper in place. And to seal the deal, it is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you really can’t go wrong with the NATYFLY kids wetsuit.
- 2mm thick neoprene,keep your child warm and comfort in the water.
- Flatlock stitching throughout to reduce seam irritation,ensure maximum comfort and durability.
- Extra long leash,easy to reach.Strengthened YKK zipper is designed to allows for easy entry and exit.
- Sun Protection: UPF 50+,protect your children from the sun.
- 100% Satifaction Guarantee:30 days unconditional refund, 24 hours service.Tight version, if your child is taller and stronger than their peers,please choose a bigger one.
- Made from 2mm thick neoprene
- Flatlock stitching enhances comfort and reduces seam irritation
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- May emit rubbery smell before washing
- Velcro to secure the zipper would be nice to have
2. Leader Accessories Men's 5mm Wetsuit for Scuba Diving Fullsuit Jumpsuit
Leader Accessories has been in business for over 30 years and is dedicated to sourcing and producing quality products for outdoor use, including camping, fishing, marine, and watersports. While not a dedicated wetsuit company, they are a quality manufacturer with a good reputation. Leader specializes in making a range of different innovative performance fabrics that are generally used for vehicle covers, linings, awnings, and in this case, wetsuits.
Leader aims to make good quality products that they sell directly to the consumer to ensure the best price possible. Their aim is to provide the customer with a product they are 100% satisfied with, for the price that they pay. In other words, they make quality products at a price point that is fit for purpose.
The Leader Accessories men's 5 mm scuba diving full suit looks good in black, aqua blue, and grey paneling. It's offered in five different sizes: small, medium, large, extra-large and 2XL. It is made from a heavy neoprene that is 5 mm thick with laminated seams and nylon stitching for durability. To increase fit and range of movement, Leader has constructed the suit using several different flat panels that are stitched together to “replicate” the contours of your body, but at a budget price.
To improve comfort and access, they have put zips on the neck, wrists, and ankles making it easy to get on and off. Leader has also added a ring seal around wrists and ankles in addition to the zips that ensure a tight-fitting closure at the critical water entry points once the zips are fastened. Main entry into the wetsuit is via a rugged rear zip fastener that has an angled placement on the suit, making it easier to zip up yourself as it follows the contour of your body.
The neck seal has a zip cover with Velcro to further seal the neck area which is the critical area of water leakage. Separate panels have been sewn into the knee for additional flexibility as well as contour cut panels at the rear of the knee to allow a good range of knee movement.
- Size L: 68-81.7kg Weight, 40.5''-42.5'' Chest, 32.5''-34.5'' Waist, 37.5''-39.5'' Hips, 5'10''-6' Height.
- Color: Black/Aqua Blue/Gray.
- Zips on neck, wrists and ankles openings for ultimate comfort and easy dress and undress.
- Full suits are made of heavy 5 mm neoprene laminated with nylon.
- Five different sizes offered to option:S/M/L/XL/XXL.
- Good value
- 5mm thermal neoprene for cold weather
- Zip fasteners on collars and cuffs
- Comfortable fit
- Some customers report small sizing
3. Cressi Men’s Morea Ultraspan Scuba Diving Wetsuit
The Morea is a full-length wetsuit carefully and lovingly constructed from 3mm neoprene and has been assembled using the flat sewing technique and designed with anti-fraying thread so should be an investment that will last. The overall suit has been elegantly and modestly designed and incorporates stylized pearl gray detailing alongside color panels. The large surface area of neoprene paneling delivers exceptional flexibility while the internal elastic nylon lining helps to keep in warmth.
There are sturdy and robust YKK zippers and also an Aquastop flap which will help with flushing. The ankles and wrists are completed with stylish overlocking cuffs. Overall the suit looks sleek, streamlined, and sophisticated, and certainly delivers advanced hydrodynamics with its super smooth neoprene exterior chest paneling. It’s also a fast drying suit so is perfect for all types of aquatic activities including skiing, sailing, and surfing.
There’s plenty of maneuverability and flexibility, and the substantial and high-quality robust quality YKK back zipper means that it is easy for donning and doffing independently. It makes a great option for light scuba diving in warmer or more tropical waters and also makes an excellent choice for a wide range of aquatic sports such as sailing and water skiing.
- Cressi is a REAL diving, snorkeling and swimming Italian brand, since 1946.
- One-piece wetsuit made in 3mm Premium Quality Neoprene. Arms and Legs in Ultraspan Neoprene for ensure free movements and ease to donning.
- Chest in Rubberized Neoprene for ensure warmth and protection. Back-zip in quality YKK.
- Anatomical cuts adaptable at different shapes of bodies.
- Protection on the knees.
- Rubberized neoprene chest for additional warmth
- Anatomically cut and designed to shape all bodies
- Extra abrasion protection on knees
- 3 mm thickness
- Easy donning and doffing
- Reliable YKK back entry zipper
- Not suitable for cold water conditions
4. Henderson THERMOPRENE Step-In Jacket
The Henderson THERMOPRENE Step-In Jacket is made from 3mm thick, premium quality nylon, and showcases an anatomically friendly suit design. It features a front opening secured by a long zipper and abrasion resistant material that is both blind-stitched and glued for excellent service life. Available in several different sizes but just one color—black, the Henderson THERMOPRENE Step-In Jacket is a great choice for anyone looking for a stylish diving suit that offers superior durability.
The Henderson THERMOPRENE Step-In Jacket is easy to get into via the front opening, which can be opened and closed via the long front zipper. However, the medium size of this diving suit may be a tad loose, so it might be best to buy one size smaller.
- The Material Combination with a High Quality Nylon 2 Neoprene Delivers Greater Flexibility and Durability
- High Compression Resistance
- All Seams Are GBS-Glued and Blind Stitched
- 3 mm Thermoprene; Easy Entry with a Front Zipper
- Ideal for Dives in Tropical and Temperate Waters and to Pair It up with a John
- Generously cut front-zipper
- Cuffs feature Lycra trim
- Abrasion resistant thermoprene material
- Available in just one color
- Medium size may be loose for some users
5. Bare 7mm Elastek Women’s Full Body Scuba Diving Wetsuit
The Bare 7mm Elastek has been constructed from 100% Elastek Super Stretch fabric which, you got it, has been designed to be extra super stretchy and deliver next level flexibility. So stretchy in fact, it has 200% more “give” than your regular neoprene does.
This is a thick, cold weather suit which makes it an even wiser investment. Uniquely, the Elastek that Bare utilizes in this full-length women’s wetsuit combines cutting-edge neoprene laminate to give it that unparalleled flexibility and fluidity both in and out of the water, no matter the conditions or the aquatic sport you are undertaking.
Re-enforced knee pads are included to provide further support and grip where it is most needed, and this scuba suit really does deliver with exceptional durability. It is soft and supple against the skin and not at all abrasive. The last thing you want, male or female, is a rough and coarse suit that takes away from your underwater pleasure.
It’s the same with a pair of good fitting shoes if you are a runner. If you are dedicated to your sport (whether at a professional or merely recreational level), you absolutely want to have the most comfortable and best form-fitting gear that will enhance and support your performance, not hinder it in any way.
With this full-stretch neoprene full-length suit, you are getting support, durability, performance, comfort, and warmth. All that and you also benefit from Bare’s advanced technology. The suit features something called Glideseal which is an all-important watertight neck seal to minimize flushing but which is fully adjustable around the collar to be supremely comfortable too.
It comes in two stylish and sleek colorways, both primarily in black but with the option to have a more classic blue paneling or a brighter and more fun red choice. There are a full range of female sizes from a small designed to fit a size 8 through to an XL which is appropriate for a size 14.
It’s technically innovative and aesthetically pleasing, and we think it’s probably one of the warmest and most flexible active-wear wetsuits currently on the market. Its design has been created to flatter and accentuate the female form and to provide fluid definition as well as increase circulation and body warmth while in the water.
- 100% Elastek Super-Stretch stretches up to 200% more than standard neoprene
- Elastek utilizes the latest in neoprene laminates to provide uninhibited flexibility and stretch
- Knee pads provide exceptional grip and durability
- Full-stretch neoprene laminates allow for total range of motion while maintaining a soft, supple feel against your skin
- GLIDESEAL Neck seal with adjustable comfort collar
- Exceptionally comfortable
- Durably constructed
- 7-mm thickness for superb warmth and comfort
- Elastek material means it’s 200% more flexible than regular neoprene
- Some complaints about ill-fitting sizing so please refer to size chart
- Wrists, in particular, are tight fitting
When shopping for the best wetsuits for diving, you will literally be spoilt for choice given the plethora of options available. We’ve made it easy to choose the right one for your adventures by providing you with 5 of the best options available, each with their own set of advantages.
The NATYFLY Neoprene wetsuit is a great choice for kids—boys and girls and offers excellent UPF 50+sun protection, while the Ivation wetsuit and ZIONOR rash guard are exclusively designed for women. And for men, there’s always the Henderson THERMOPRENE Step-In Jacket and A Point Snorkeling diving suit that leave little or no room for disappointment.