Wetsuits are expensive investments, so having the right accessories to keep your wetsuit in peak performance is an important part of making your wetsuit investment last. We have chosen three fantastic wetsuit accessories to review from a value driven company, Ho Stevie!
Ho Stevie! was created by a surfer for surfers. Steve, the owner, makes surfing gear that surfers want and will use at prices the big brands just cannot compete with. The products are of high quality and the responsive customer service is what you would expect from a small business that is owner run. Ho Stevie! products include: surf ponchos, surfboard socks, changing mats, GoPro accessories, surfboard fins and other surf accessories.
The three Ho Stevie! products we will be reviewing in this article are wetsuit accessory focused products: Wetsuit Hanger, Surf Poncho and Changing Mat.
The most important step to keeping your wetsuit in peak thermal working condition starts with how you clean, dry and store your wetsuit after use. Salt or chlorinated water can eat away at your neoprene wetsuit, if you do not wash your suit with fresh water after a great day in the ocean or in the pool. However, wetsuit maintenance does not stop there, drying your wetsuit to ensure mold does not grow in the suit and hanging your wetsuit, so it does not stretch and weaken the neoprene are also important. This is where the Ho Stevie! Wetsuit Hanger really shines! The Wetsuit Hanger is designed with wide, foldable, arms to allow air to reach all areas of the wetsuit during the drying stage while ensuring that the weight on the shoulder area of the suit is dispersed to ensure the neoprene does not stretch out.
The Ho Stevie! Wetsuit hanger is made from a corrosion free, high strength palomar that can support any wetsuit or drysuit you wish to hang. The hanger is foldable at the push of a button and has a swivel hook that allows you to hang your suit from almost anywhere. The wide arms make for a fast dry time, making it less likely you will be donning a wet wetsuit for an afternoon surf or dive after your morning session.
- ⏰ FAST DRY TIME - Increased airflow from vented shoulder extensions lets your wetsuit dry much faster than hanging it on a railing or using a normal clothes hanger. Hang your wetsuit after your morning session, and have it dry in time for your afternoon session.
- ❤️ EXTEND YOUR WETSUIT’S LIFESPAN - Regular clothes hangers can damage your wetsuit’s shoulders (and might not even support your heavy wet suit). Use this hanger to hang your wetsuit in the shade, out of the harmful UV sunlight, while still drying fast because of the broad vented shoulders.
- 💪 HEAVY DUTY - high strength polymer construction supports any wetsuit or drysuit you want to hang out to dry, and will not corrode.
- 🏄♂️ PERFECT FOR ANY WETSUIT or DRYSUIT - Surfing, diving, swimming… fullsuit, short sleeve, long john... hang them all on this hanger.
- 🔘 FOLDABLE - With the push of a button, hanger folds into compact design for easy travel, and makes it easy to insert into wetsuit neck without stretching your wet suit.
- Faster dry time
- Does not stretch shoulders
- Foldable, travel friendly
- Only one arm length setting
- Not ideal for kid’s wetsuits
After a great surf session or long dive you do not always have access to a bathroom for a discrete change out of your wetsuit. This typically leaves you with two options, wrestle with a towel to try and cover yourself while peeling off your wetsuit, or just ruin everyone's lunch with your full moon while the sun is still high in the sky! The Ho Stevie! Surf Poncho gives you a third option, free up your hands by putting on the surf poncho that will cover all your “don’t need to see” areas while you put on or take off your wetsuit.
The Ho Stevie! Surf Poncho comes in fast drying microfiber or cotton materials. The Surf poncho is longer than the competition at 47 inches, ensuring that a one size truly fits all, including you taller folk! The poncho keeps you warm and dries you off while making changing comfortable and private. The hood helps to keep you warm on cold or windy days and when you are done changing and dry, you can hang the poncho by its integrated hanging loop so it can dry properly for the ponchos next use.
- 🏄♂️ Surf Poncho makes changing in and out of your wetsuit EASY, COMFORTABLE, and WARM.
- ☝️ ONE SIZE FITS ALL - even tall guys like Stevie! Other ponchos are SHORT and can still leave you exposed, so we made ours TALLER. 47 inches (120cm) from top of shoulders to bottom of robe.
- 🔥 THICK MICROFIBER is warm, soft on your skin, and dries quickly. Machine washable for easy care. Heavyweight (280GSM) microfiber material.
- 💦 ABSORBS WATER - Poncho doubles as a towel to dry yourself after surfing, so you don’t need an additional towel .
- 🎁 PERFECT GIFT for that hard-to-please surfer. Whether it’s Christmas, a birthday, graduation, or “just because”, your surfer will be stoked to receive this hooded poncho towel!
- One size fits all
- Longer than other ponchos at 47 inches
- No pockets
- Logo is prominent
Wetsuit Changing Mat
Getting in and out of a wetsuit is no easy task, doing so in an area where your wetsuit can be dirtied or damaged if it touches or scrapes the ground is even a bigger challenge. The Ho Stevie! Wetsuit Changing Mat makes wetsuit donning and doffing safe, clean, and easy.
The changing mat is made of durable waterproof material, which is portable, durable, and easy to use. Simply throw it down on a sandy beach, or parking lot pavement and you have your own safe, personal, wetsuit changing station. Simply spread the mat out, change into or out of your wetsuit, and then pull the mat closed with the drawstrings. The mat turns into a waterproof tote that can fit a wetsuit and towel, so your car or house can stay dry until you are ready to wash and hang your wetsuit.
- 🏄♂️ PROTECT YOUR WETSUIT: Wetsuits are expensive, and they deteriorate much faster when rubbed with dirt and debris. Changing on this mat prevents your suit from getting dirty, thus extending its life.
- 🚗 PROTECT YOUR CAR: After you change out of your wet wetsuit, tighten the drawstring on the mat, and it turns into a dry bag! No more wet, smelly car after you surf.
- 👍 Pairs perfectly with our Changing Poncho (as seen in main image)
- 💪 PORTABLE, DURABLE, and EASY TO USE. Fabricated with lightweight yet strong waterproof material (new, more durable material for 2019), the mat measures 29 inches across when laid out flat. Storage bag included for when mat is not being used.
- 💯 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: As with all of our products, if you are not completely satisfied for ANY reason, simply return it within 30 days for a full refund.
- Easy to use
- Drawstrings are long
- No strap for carrying
If you are looking for great wetsuit accessories and a fantastic price, we highly recommend the Ho Stevie! Wetsuit Hanger, Surf Poncho and Wetsuit Changing Mat to ensure you get years of use out of your wetsuit investment. The Wetsuit Hanger allows for faster drying and does not stretch the wetsuit shoulders while being stored. The Surf Poncho is warm, easy to use and keeps your friends from seeing things they can never unsee. The Wetsuit Changing Mat protects your wetsuit from sand and parking lot pavement, then transforms into a waterproof tote that holds your wet wetsuit and towel after use, keeping your car dry and clean. With all these benefits, and great customer service along the way, we highly recommend Ho Stevie for your Surf and Wetsuit accessory needs.